US Corporate Tax - Manager
Date: Apr 20, 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
|Job Title||US Corporate Tax - Manager|
|Service Line||Corporate Tax Services|
|Service Line Information||KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.|
Working in the Corporate Tax department at KPMG will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects and finding ways to reduce their effective rate of tax.
KPMG’s US Tax practice in London is looking for a Manager to join our rapidly expanding team. The US tax practice in London will provide a successful candidate with opportunities to work with a diverse portfolio of multinational companies and investment funds. As a member of the team, you will interact with other UK and European tax groups, giving you a unique perspective on the interaction of US and European tax laws.
Role and Responsibilties
- The US Tax practice is looking for assistance with detailed tax research and support on existing tax advisory engagements.
- This position requires daily interaction with colleagues and clients on a variety of issues that require a strong fundamental understanding of US tax law principles.
- Typical queries may concern the tax classification of foreign entities, tax form validity, information reporting requirements, the classification of financial products, M&A queries, provisions of double tax treaties, etc.
- The ideal candidate would be a client-facing tax Manager with experience in providing advice on international and transactional tax matters
- There will be opportunities to lead tax training events and to provide marketing support with respect to changes in tax law
Qualifications and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance and a graduate degree in law and/or taxation
Experience and Background
- In particular, you will be comfortable explaining complex US tax laws in an approachable manner; as you will be working with foreign clients who often speak English as a second language
- A strong understanding of the financial services sector would be highly valued
- The candidate should have significant experience in tax advisory matters
- Significant experience in the application of the U.S. withholding tax rules (in particular FATCA) is required.
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and client service skills as well as have the ability to work very closely and confidently with clients and colleagues
- Strong communication and writing skills are also necessary, as are demonstrated research and issue spotting capabilities; language skills are highly valued
- The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task, and possess the ability to work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines.
- He or she will also need to be able to work as an effective member of a dynamic team and demonstrate a work ethic capable of disciplined self-motivation and commitment to the highest standards of professional integrity, maturity and judgment
Closing date for applications is 5th February 2013
Salary range: £50,000 - £65,000 plus negotiable benefits
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers' Forum on Disability we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
There is a good reason why KPMG consistently features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for! It's not just the exceptional training, market leading career opportunities and flexible work arrangements that we offer; we value diverse opinions and backgrounds and create an environment that combines your commitments outside of work with your career potential.But, don't take our word for it, Industry Awards and Recognition page
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Job Segments: Tax, Accounting, Manager, Research, Marketing Manager, Finance, Management, Marketing