Graduate Programme 2013
Date: May 2, 2013
Location: London, UK
Job Function: Audit ACA (Mandarin Opportunities)
Intake Year: 2013
About the programme
The largest of our UK practices, Audit is concerned with developing a deep understanding of organisations and helping to assure stakeholders that the published annual accounts are a true and fair reflection of their financial performances and positions.
KPMGs Audit Mandarin programme is designed to give you a breadth of skills and experience. Audit provides the core foundation knowledge to a successful career in business and can equip you with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors. As a Mandarin speaker, on this programme in addition to working in the UK you will also have the opportunity to work at one of the KPMG offices in China after you qualify.
Key Skills Required
- Takes accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self motivated and organises own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements/projects
- Works cooperatively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Strives for continual improvement
- Must be able to demonstrate fluency in both English and Mandarin
Tasks and Responsibilities
In general terms your role will involve:
- Proactively look to become an integral part of the audit team, create good contacts and develop relationships with the members of our clients finance teams specifically including networks amongst Chinese business communities
- Be part of the department and attend social and networking events in order to develop your relationships and wider knowledge of both audit and a Big 4 environment and build your network in both the UK and China
- You will be assigned audit work, both a mixture of substantive and controls, over non-significant audit areas and assist more senior members of the team in the audit of significant audit areas.
- Undertake strategic projects & roles working with Chinese clients
- After attending an orientation programme you will join one of our key offices in China at the end of your third year (once qualified) for a 6-12 month secondment
Qualifications you'll work for
In addition to your role responsibilities you will also train for a professional qualification likely to be either the ICAEW or ICAS (Chartered) or the ACCA (Certified) professional accounting qualification.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points (or 26 UCAS points)
- Predicted 2:1 degree in any discipline.
* or equivalent
Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades and do not accept General Studies.
In addition you will need to be:
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin;
- Able and willing to be based in either the UK or China once qualified, depending on the needs of the business. You will initially be based in the UK for the duration of the three year Graduate Programme.There is a good reason why KPMG consistently features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for! It's not just the exceptional training, market leading career opportunities and flexible work arrangements that we offer; we value diverse opinions and backgrounds and create an environment that combines your commitments outside of work with your career potential.But, don't take our word for it, Industry Awards and Recognition page
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Job Segment: Bilingual