Graduate Programme 2013
Date: Apr 21, 2013
Location: Leeds, UK
Job Function: Transactions & Restructuring
Intake Year: 2013
About the programme
The three year T&R graduate programme is a great foundation to your business career as it combines structured training, work experience and on the job coaching to equip you with the professional skills and experience you need.
We aim to support our people and help them achieve their potential.
You will join a Service Line (Corporate Finance, Restructuring or Transaction Services), and during the three year programme you will have the opportunity to experience a placement, in a different area of the business, for a minimum of six months. This will be tailored to you, to work around your project commitments as well as meet our business needs. It will provide you with broader commercial understanding as well as the opportunity to expand your network and experiences.
We will also support you to obtain the ACA qualification awarded by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales n or CA in Scotland. The ACA programme has an excellent first time pass rate (for exams sat to date we average over 90% in T&R) which is usually between 10 and 20% higher than the overall ICAEW pass rate.
The programme is designed to support your development and give you a broad commercial awareness of the challenges a business faces across the deal and economic cycle.
Key Skills Required
You will experience an unusually varied and challenging range of work and you are expected to make a contribution to the teams performance early in your career. That means were looking for graduates with:
- the ability to work under pressure;
- excellent analytical skills and who are highly numerate;
- the ability to think quickly and logically and present their views coherently;
- commercial awareness;
- good communication skills (with people at all levels of an energetic and successful team;
- pride in their work and quality of outputs;
- good time management skills and who are self motivated.
Because the transactions environment is so fast-moving, we really need people who are flexible and committed to helping us deliver our work to tight deadlines.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In T&R, we apply deep technical knowledge and industry expertise to a broad range of complex and challenging transaction and business issues. You will work with a diverse range of clients in the UK and overseas, including private companies, the public sector, private equity houses, leading financial institutions and individuals across three Service Lines.
Your experiences will enable you to gain broad understanding of how a business manages diverse situations and how we enhance value for our clients. You could find yourself:
- undertaking research which leads directly to the origination of a deal for a client;
- working in a team advising on the most appropriate debt structure for a business;
- working with an investment bank on the stock exchange listing of a high profile client, reviewing financial information for inclusion in public documents;
- performing an independent business review on a distressed business for a lending bank;
- working overseas to collate and analyse financial information from a data room, and report key findings and recommendations to our client on the target business;
- negotiating with suppliers of a business, where the UK Firm has been appointed as administrators, to maximise the return for the creditors of the business.
Qualifications you'll work for
You will cement your practical on-the-job commercial experience with accounting and technical knowledge by studying for either the ACA or CA qualifications.. This will develop your competency and understanding in key areas such as accounting, audit, finance, management, financial reporting and taxation.
KPMG has the largest Professional Qualification Training (PQT) team out of any of the Big 4. Giving you the best opportunity to pass your exams at the first attempt is embedded into everything we do. We provide generous study leave, bespoke exam pathways and the opportunity to study at your own pace by using sophisticated online learning packages.
There may also be specific regulatory qualifications you are required to complete, depending on the Service Line you join (for example, in Corporate Finance the Certificate in Corporate Finance, for FSA compliance).
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points (or 26 UCAS points)
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline.
* or equivalent
Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades and do not accept General Studies.There is a good reason why KPMG consistently features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for! It's not just the exceptional training, market leading career opportunities and flexible work arrangements that we offer; we value diverse opinions and backgrounds and create an environment that combines your commitments outside of work with your career potential.But, don't take our word for it, Industry Awards and Recognition page
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Job Segments: Banking, Bank, Law, Equity, Research, Finance, Legal