Graduate Programme 2013
Date: May 2, 2013
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Job Function: Audit ACA / CA
Location: Milton Keynes
Intake Year: 2013
About the programme
The largest of our UK practices, Audit is concerned with developing a deep understanding of organisations and helping to assure stakeholders that the published annual accounts are a true and fair reflection of their financial performances and positions.
KPMGs Audit programme is designed to give you a breadth of skills and experience. Audit provides the core foundation knowledge to a successful career in business and can equip you with valuable technical skills, broad commercial understanding and in-depth knowledge of different industry sectors. Graduates joining the Audit Programme will also have the opportunity to work in a specific business area whilst studying towards a valuable professional qualification.
Key Skills Required
- Takes accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self motivated and organises own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements/projects
- Works cooperatively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Strives for continual improvement
Tasks and Responsibilities
In general terms your role will involve:
- Proactively look to become an integral part of the audit team, create good contacts and develop relationships with the members of our clients finance teams
- Be part of the department and attend social and networking events in order to develop your relationships and wider knowledge of both audit and a Big 4 environment
- You will be assigned audit work, both a mixture of substantive and controls, over non-significant audit areas and assist more senior members of the team in the audit of significant audit areas. Examples of non-significant audit areas could include the audit of cash, fixed asset additions and disposals and the verification to underlying records and checking of mathematical accuracy of company financial statements.
Qualifications you'll work for
In addition to your role responsibilities you will also train for a professional qualification likely to be either the ICAEW or ICAS (Chartered) or the ACCA (Certified) professional accounting qualification.
As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points (or 26 UCAS points)
- Minimum of 2:1 degree in any discipline.
* or equivalent
Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades and do not accept General Studies.
There is a good reason why KPMG consistently features in the Top 10 of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for! It's not just the exceptional training, market leading career opportunities and flexible work arrangements that we offer; we value diverse opinions and backgrounds and create an environment that combines your commitments outside of work with your career potential.But, don't take our word for it, Industry Awards and Recognition page
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy